Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Misterio, Chardonnay, White, 2012, Mendonza, Argentina

I remember tasting good wines at Buenos Aires, Argentina, back in the year 2000, when I was there to speak on the occasion of the 44th Congress of the Union Internationale des Avocats. Unfortunately, I was not able to go back there ever since. But that’s the good thing about wine: it travels.

It travels, brings back good memories and nice surprises. Just last week I had this Misterio, Chardonnay, White, 2012, Finca Flichman, Mendonza, Argentina, on a blind tasting having lunch with my good friend Antonio Santiago Freitas at one of Porto, Portugal’s, top restaurants: O Comercial, at wonderful Palacio da Bolsa.

Misterio. It’s all in the name (yes, I did fail my blind tasting guess saying instead of Argentina, Chardonnay, ups!... New Zealand, Gewürztraminer). A very nice surprise made possible to me by sommelier Andre Oliveira Teixeira, whom splendidly runs O Comercial with his wife Chef Samantha and their great team.

Luis Miguel Novais