Saturday, June 13, 2015

United States Embassy Lisbon, 2012, Red, Merlot, Ribatejo, Portugal

A rainy spring Saturday morning here in Portugal calls for some housekeeping. Or should I say instead maybe some “winecellarmemorieskeeping”…

And out of the cupboard came eight empty bottles of some spectacular wines I have enjoyed and kept for writing about it someday down into my wine memoirs, my Memoriavinia. So this is the day.

First things come first, and people at the United States Embassy in Lisbon have a clear good taste and good knowledge about what they are doing in my country. I don’t know whom chose it but their choice of a Merlot, Ribatejo, Vinho Tinto, 2012, specially labeled, produced and bottled for them by Agroalpiarça, proved to be an excellent choice. I had it courtesy of my good friends Jenny and Will Hampton, whom are already missed in Portugal.

Luis Miguel Novais