Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Campo al mare, 2009, Bolgheri, Tuscany, Italy, Red

You know me, I'm not the trendy type. So what best than to be in Tuscany, Italy, and not to have the rather obvious Chianti or Brunello di Montalcino types of excelent Tuscany wines. I'm not talking about masochism, believe me; much to our content there are other exquisite wines from Tuscany. Last week I've just been there and had a pretty much unknown but excelent Bolgheri - a wine region that shores the sea, near Livorno, Tuscany.

Campo al mare, 2009, Bolgheri, Tuscany, Italy, is a superb red that will match across with style even your homemade barbecue steaks and the likes of surf and turfs.

Indeed, I had it with local slow food must have bistecca alla fiorentina, at Fiesole, enjoying the breathtaking views over Florence, Italy.

Luis Miguel Novais