Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cortijo Los Aguilares, Pinot Noir, 2010, Sierras de Málaga, Red, Spain

"Another one bites the dust"... Believe me, not even in my wildest dreams could I have thought to drink a worldwide class Pinot Noir red wine out from the southermost parts of Spain. I reckon one tends to think about Andalusia as hot flat plains and tends to forget its mountains. The way it goes in the old song: "the rain in Spain stays main in the plain".

Well, you'd better believe it: Cortijo Los Aguilares, Pinot Noir, 2010, Sierras de Málaga, red, comes from Ronda and it is a fantastic wine to beat the likes of you name it.

Isabel and I had it with Beatriz and Juan Guerrero at fancy restaurant El Lago, at Elviria Hills, Marbella. Paco's choice, to cope with the great food and vistas.

Luis Miguel Novais